Symptoms of Male Depression
Depression is common in any people, at any age or in any status. Depression could be found in three stages of depressive disorder such as major depressive disorder, dysthymic disorder and bipolar disorder. These stages of disorder range from low to high. Someone experience severe stage where someone faces mild stage. But whatever is the stage of disorder mild or severe it should be treatable medically. The depressive illness basically has some signs which refer the stage of depressive disorder. But sometimes the symptoms of depressive illness are not easily identifiable within men. Most of the men are naturally unaware of those symptoms. They do not recognize that they are in depression and consider this disease as heart disease, cancer or other serious pain disease. The family members or friends also become unable to understand their mental state as men reluctant to express their mental difficulties. There are certain symptoms and signs of male depression, so if the symptoms will be known by everybody then it will be helpful for himself even for others in order to get rid out of depression and to take immediate action of treatment.
So the symptoms of male depression, which are generally experienced by the men as follows:
- If a man feels continuously grief even in cheerful moment then maybe he is suffering from depressive disorder.
- Feeling anxious about everything even about a little thing is one of common symptom of male depression. Especially the older men experience this agitation highly.
- Often it happens that, you find your partner expressing negligence about sexual relationship. It comes from the loss of energy or tiredness. These both are symptoms of depressive illness.
- Feeling hopelessness about everything is common mental symptom of man.
- After retiring from work or unemployment many male become depressed. He feels that he is now worthless or helpless. And he loses his self esteem. Sometimes these signs carry in the long may. Even lead suicidal thoughts. So before it is too late the male should be treating their symptoms medically.
- Guilt feeling or losses of self respect is not always a sign of male depression. But yes, sometimes experiencing these feelings can be the negative outcome of depression.
- If your find your male friend especially the younger has losses his interest in playing game watching movie or doing any exciting work then try to accompany him to release him from depressive illness.
- Change of appetite is one of the featured symptoms of male depression. Especially teenage boys who are in depressed mood face this difficulty.
- Men often could not take the right decision or hit by indecisiveness because of depression. But they don’t understand they are in depression.
- Sleep disturbance is the most common symptoms of depressive which every depressed male has to face.
- Feeling restlessness, irritability, hostility, reckless behaviors are some of negative and dangerous signs of male depression.