How Family and Friends Can Help a Man to Beat Depression?
Though the depression in men is common as female depression but the male depression is not visible as women depression. Men feel ashamed or hesitate to express their depressive mood. So if you are relate with any depressed man or any member of your family who is suffering from male depression, then it is your duty to help him to get rid of depressive mood. May be the depressed person is your father, brother, son, husband or friend. If he is not capable to get rid of depression by him than you should take some initiative steps to remove his depression as follows:
- (A) Some men think that expressing mental symptoms of depression can spoil his image and they do not express their problems. Try to make him understand that depression is very much common as other normal illness. Help him to reduce his hesitation and convince him to take medicine form doctor.
- (B) Convince him to treat himself to the doctor. That he can identify the reasons for depression which may help him to come out of unusual situation.
- (C) If he is negligent about assigning a doctor than you should make an appointment and take the depressed male with you to the doctor and convince him to tell truth regarding everything that is related to his depressive illness.
- (D) If the depressed person is very closer to you than try to be with him as much as possible. Spend some quality time in order to remove his loneliness and to take care of his medicine taking.
- (E) If you are his friends than take him to the party, picnic or to the movie. Take away him or forbid him to take excess alcohol or drug.
- (F) Always encourage or advice him to take the medicine properly.
- (G) Before taking any big decision regarding relationship try to consult him, convince him to think again.
- (H) Always give him mental support. Depressed person always need a true and caring company. So give him hope, love and care. Remind him, that he is not alone in the world.
- (I) Never treat him as a patient. Behave normally with the depressed male.
- (J) Try to point out the negative impact of hostility, irritability and most important things about suicide thoughts.